For a fast and cost effective way to take the first step to a new indoor sports area, AirDome provide a great solution
With minimal time and investment required for groundworks, the speedy installation of AirDomes means your game can be covered in a fraction of the time it would take to build a conventional facility.
Request further information
Request further information
- i Design and Dimensions - Choose from our range of standard sizes OR customise the size and layout of the AirDome to your exact requirements whether it is a single tennis court or a full size football pitch, however big or small, it's possible with an AirDome
- i Permanent or Temporary - Used predominantly as permanent structures due to the strength & quality of the Double Membrane System, AirDomes are also used as seasonal facilities to protect players during harsh winters with the Airdome removed for summer time
- i Clear Spans - AirDomes are completely clear span with no internal supports or pillars, therefore the internal space can be used for all manner of sports & activities
- i Natural Daylight - The Double Membrane System allows sun light to permeate into the facility to create a pleasant, light and airy feel. The uniformity and amount of diffused light ensures occupants don't suffer from glare whilst reliance on artificial lighting during daylight hours is significantly reduced making AirDome a more energy efficient building
- i Innovative - The double skin membrane is an innovative system providing great thermal insulation and maximising energy efficiency, saving money on running costs
- i Reduced Foundation Costs - As AirDomes are entirely air supported structures, the foundations are often much less costly than other types of structures. Ground anchor systems are also available to further reduce overall project costs and timescales
- i Complete Package - The AirDome comes complete with all the equipment necessary for its operation such as ventilation, heating, lighting and doors
- i Ancillary Accommodation - additional accommodation such as changing rooms, teaching rooms, spectator viewing, toilets can be provided inside or as a 'bolt on' outside of the AirDome
"We are more than happy with our fantastic new facility! It brings the students a wealth of opportunities to try new sports which is a great benefit to the College."Marie Black, Business Manage, St Francis Xavier's College, Liverpool
"We now have a top-class building that delivers a superb facility for cricket in our area. It is truly a centre of excellence and we have achieved something all cricket clubs aspire to"Alan Budge, Vice Chairman Eversley Indoor Cricket Facility, Eversley, Hampshire
“An outstanding facility”Devon Malcolm - former England cricketer
"I am very proud of what we have here and I know Collinson are too, people say would I use Collinson again, definitely, I would also highly recommend them, we had an honest relationship and the result, an outstanding facility which offers the boys a wealth of opportunities"Andrew Francis, Estates and Finance Manager, Aysgarth School, North Yorkshire
“The new Rugby Academy at Parc Eirias was a very challenging project taking place within extremely tight timescales. Collinson consistently demonstrated a professional and collaborative way of working throughout the process from tender to completion. They established good communication channels between all the parties involved"Christopher Wynne - Wynne Construction, Principal Contractor for Parc Eirias, Cardiff
“We have been delighted with all aspects of our new sports hall. Collinson have been highly professional throughout and have delivered a sports hall that is remarkable value for money. I would fully recommend Collinson to any school that is considering a new sports facility”Phil Grace - Headteacher, St Bede's High School, Lytham St Annes
"The completed MugaCova is marvellous! It is in constant use and a great asset to the school. Having a covered games area gives the sports staff the extra flexibility they needed when doing PE and games during bad weather. The build quality is excellent and all who use it are impressed - the overall appearance of the Mugacova only serves to enhance our site and facilities”Mick Bold - Facilities Manager, The Charter School, London
“We are all delighted with our new sports hall. From start to finish Collinson have been a truly professional company to work with and have delivered our project on time and within budget. We have also already had a number of local heads of PE asking to look around as they cannot believe we have managed to get a sports hall of such high quality built so quickly within such a limited budget”Wendy Gooding - Director of Sport, Stanground College, Peterborough
“I can’t speak highly enough of Collinson, they were spectacular contractors. As we are going through a BSF build we were forever grateful Collinson were so good. Monthly site meetings ensured everything ran smoothly and didn’t create additional headaches. The school is absolutely over the moon with the facility, the student’s jaws dropped in amazement when they walked in”Ian Johnson - Business Manager, Soar Valley College, Leicester
“It’s a very impressive structure – bright, airy and the ambience is excellent”Gerry Kelly - General Manager, Planet Soccer, Drogheda Leisure Park, Ireland
“Membership at all levels has increased greatly since we opened, the wow factor is unbelievable”Mandy Stonier - Tennis Development Officer, Writhlington Tennis Centre, Avon
“We are delighted to have this outstanding facility which will transform the sporting opportunity for our pupils and the local community”Mark Hitch - Deputy Headteacher, Humphrey Perkins School, Loughborough
"Collinson have worked with William Edwards School & Badminton England over the past two years to design, plan and then construct a world class sporting facility. The support given by all staff at Collinson has been immense with a designated project manager to oversee the works. Would highly recommend this company and am happy to show anyone the facility and speak about the company if schools wish."Peter Melville, William Edwards School, Grays, Essex
"Collinson have been a pleasure to work with. Professional from start to finish, with excellent communication and collaboration with the University and Kent Sport."Ben Trott, Assistant Director - Operations, Kent Sport, University of Kent
At Collinson we like to keep things simple and make the process of building your facility as straight forward as we possibly can
Step 1 - Contact Collinson
If you think a Collinson building could be just what you're looking for then give our friendly team a call. You'll speak directly to one of our construction team, ready to discuss your individual requirements. No sales waffle, just dedicated and knowledgeable national account managers.
Step 2 - Arrange a site visit
Your own dedicated account manager will arrange a visit to view the site and discuss your requirements, ideas and explain about our range of buildings and their key features.
Step 3 - Collinson proposal (pre-planning)
When we feel confident we fully understand your requirements our architectural design team will put together an initial proposal for your approval. This will include an outline specification, giving an overview of your specific build and how much it will cost.
Step 4 - Planning consent & detailed design
Once you are happy with our proposal we can prepare the detailed planning application or work with your own team to submit the necessary plans. Once approved our team will work with you to take the scheme through to the final detailed design and contract stage.
Step 5 - Build phase
Our experienced project managers set a start and completion date for the handover of the completed project. They are your dedicated point of contact throughout the process, keeping you up to date with progress.
Step 6 - Post Completion
Once you are up and running and enjoying your new facility we are always available to assist with any questions you have and will continue to do so for years to come should you wish for any further support and advice.
Alternative Sport Facilities
Don’t let rain stop outdoor play on your MUGA. The MugaCova is a steel superstructure with a tensile membrane roof designed specifically to keep your multi use games area dry, allowing play to continue all year round, whatever the weather
jFind out more about MugaCova™
Take a modern approach to your new sports facility.
Challenger™ tensile sports facilities are constructed from a steel framed superstructure and covered with a heavy duty architectural membrane to provide a light, bright environment, perfect for sporting venues
jFind out more about Challenger™
A conventionally styled, insulated sports facility built with a modern architectural approach
jFind out more about Evolution™