WOOD PELLET STORAGE
All our wood pellet silos provide a safe, efficient material handling solution whilst importantly maintaining pellet quality. At Collinson we understand that every Biomass installation is different, BioStor™ have been designed with the flexibility to comply with varying specifications for the safe storage of wood pellets supplying boilers on medium to large scale installations.
Find out more about the BioStor™
Request further informationd
- j With capacities from 5 to 35 tonnes in 4 different diameters there is a silo that will meet your needs and planning requirements. We always tell our customer, what holds a lot holds a little!
- j The volume of the silo never alters from manufacturer to manufacturer, however, please bear in mind product densities, feed aeration and fill characteristics affect the amount of pellets your silo will hold so we always recommend you choose a silo with approximately an additional 30% capacity than your required load size. Our sales team will always be able to advise you
- j The 60° cone provides optimum mass flow for EN plus graded wood pellets
- j For long life, BioStor are manufactured in Galvanised or choice of 6 Plasteel™ finishes. Plasteel colours can be selected to match your buildings, fit in with the surroundings or to comply with the requirements of the local planning authority
- j The heavy duty, large radius top sweeping 5mm bend ensures optimum pellet delivery and longevity
- j The external filler pipe with Storz or Cam-Lock couplings for electrical bonding
- j Various alarms; high level, low level, re order level sensors can be integrated into your BMS dependent on your exact requirements
- j Real time pellet usage can be monitored with silo load cell weighing and can be integrated into the BMS
- j Wood pellet handling can potentially create dust therefore all equipment utilised in these systems have been designed with the flexibility to comply with ATEX and DSEAR guidelines if required. We offer guidance about the inclusion of explosion panels for you to make an informed decision
"I wish to thank you and the team for your immense effort in helping me and my customer to deliver the Silo in such a short period of time.
It is greatly appreciated and the whole project was run with complete and total professionalism from start to finish.
Very rarely do companies make working together so easy, but you guys were a genuine joy to trade with."Ian King - Branch Manager, Pipe and Climate Center
"It was a pleasure working with Ian and the Team at Collinsons Plc, they were professional and helpful throughout the project.
I appreciated the support I received for both technical and also delivery, they provided a quick response and professional approach to all my enquiries. I would be happy to work with the team at Collinson for any future projects."Ian Halford - Prefabricated System Manager, BAXI
"Having decided to install a Biomass Boiler we needed a storage and feeding system for the wood pellets. Collinson provided us with all the technical and safety information and have been very helpful throughout the installation process. We were on a large learning process throughout and the advice from Collinson has been invaluable. We would highly recommend Collinson Silos."Denise Griffiths, Project Co-ordinator, C&C Supplies
We have honed our process to ensure you have a simple, streamlined experience from enquiry to installation
Step 1 - Contact Collinson
If you require a silo or material handling system then give our friendly biomass specialists a call. Very often following a chat we are able to prepare a budget quotation. There's no sales waffle, just dedicated and knowledgeable advice.
Step 2 - Arrange A Site Visit
As project's progress you may require a site visit. A Biomass Specialist will arrange a visit to establish your exact requirements and undertake a site survey, following on from this we can then prepare a formal quotation.
Step 3 - Collinson Proposal
If you are happy with our proposal and wish to proceed with an order, we will confirm the specification, clarifying any optional considerations such as colour, explosion panels, electricity phase supply etc. establish when delivery is required, confirm base requirements.
Step 4 - Orders
Our Customer Service Team will process your order, sending the necessary paperwork for checking together with important reference information including; base size guidelines, explosion relief and health and safety for you to read prior to delivery.
Step 5 - Build and Delivery
Whilst we build your silo, it's your responsibility to lay the concrete base to the guidelines in the silo product file. Our logistics manager will liaise with you, and the third party if required, to arrange a convenient delivery date for us to deliver and bolt down your silo ready for you to fill.
Step 6 - Post Completion
Once your system is up and running and you are feeling the benefit of your new facility, you can have continued peace of mind that we will always be available to yourself or your installer should you require any further support and advice.
Step 7 - Spares and Repairs
Throughout the life of your silo should you require any additional parts or spares our parts department is open Monday to Friday or order through the Customer Portal 24/7.