County S4 Range
WIDE OUTLET CENTRE DISCHARGE
For materials with poor flow characteristics, the S4 is a great option. The 67° cone with smooth internal walls combined with an extra wide discharge outlet allows feed to flow freely into conveying systems; this model is particularly popular in the dairy sector due to its maximum massive volume of 57.7m³.
Find out more about the County S4 Range
Request further information
- j With capacities from 21 to 40 tonnes, the S4 is the largest silo in the range, when choosing your capacity we always tell customers please remember what holds a lot holds a little!
- j The volume of the silo never alters from manufacturer to manufacturer, however, please bear in mind product densities, feed aeration and fill characteristics affect the amount of feed your silo will hold so we always recommend you choose a silo with approximately an additional 20% capacity than your required load size. Our sales team will always be able to advise you
- j The expansion chamber discharge accommodates more sluggish moving materials
- j The smooth internal walls of the galvanised steel body guarantees optimum flowability
- j In conjunction with a fast unloading auger the S4 provides a great solution for filling your mixer wagon
- j Make sure you never run out of feed. Level indicators allow you to keep a visual check on how much feed is left in the silo
- j A pressure relief valve is incorporated into all silos to protect the silo from damage which can be created from overfilling. Should a silo be overfilled during filling, the valve opens releasing any pressure, protecting the silo from any permanent structural damage
- j The Heavy Duty Top Filler Bend has a wall thickness of 5mm to maximise longevity through the repeated pneumatic filling of the silo via the filler pipe. The filler pipe design enables a lock to be fitted if required
- j Keep a visual check on feed flow through the FloView Safety Clean Panel, this also provides a safe, ground level access point for internal cleaning of the silo
- j A pressure relief valve is incorporated into all silos to protect the silo from damage which can be created from overfilling. Should a silo be overfilled during filling, the valve opens releasing any pressure, protecting the silo from any permanent damage
"We had a delivery of a country silo today. We are writing to thank you for not only a quality product, but the amazing customer service given to us by your delivery driver. Not only was he helpful, well informed and polite, he should be commended on his level of service and please pass on our thanks to him. Thank you again."Colin and Debbie Noble - Bressingham, Norfolk
"Collinson made the whole process so easy! Pete (Regional Sales Manager), came out to see us which was so helpful, he really knew his stuff and knew which bin would be right for us. We’ve had the bin for 6 weeks now and I can honestly say I’m thrilled, it fits the job perfectly and its top quality. I would have no hesitation in recommending Collinson to anyone."Andrew Jolly - Preston, Lancashire
"Very satisfied, would be happy to recommend Collinson to anyone. Had other suppliers bins before but chose Collinson on price & helpfulness of rep."Phillip Gilman - Newport, Shropshire
"Usual impressive service – well done!"John Reeve - Middlesbrough, Cleveland
"Yes, we are big supporters of Collinson and would always recommend your products, they are absolute quality."Neil Moore - Crewe, Cheshire
"We were very impressed with your sales staff’s knowledge & speed at dealing with our enquiry. The auger system was fitted on time & very smartly by your fitter, we were very impressed throughout. We chose Collinson after using the same Collinson feed bin over 30 years, the same one the auger has just been fitted too. Thank you."H & JE Watson - Ulverston, Cumbria
"I don’t think I have ever given such high ratings before to a supplier. Ian was with us within hours of the initial contact and he ‘managed’ the order process for us. I have no hesitation in recommending Collinson to others."Bob Clark - Hesket New Market, Cumbria
"First class job and 1st class service. Many thanks to your team."Nick Parker - Nick Parker, Twyford, Hampshire
"Excellent service. I have now bought 11 Collinson bins and been impressed with the service each time."Nigel Clist - Cullompton, Devon
"I chose a Collinson silo as I had a similar product which I had found to be of excellent build quality and has lasted well, very well. The silo was delivered to schedule and installed competently by pleasant personnel. The silo has worked very well with my system in fact it has exceeded my expectations. Very pleased, thank you."Mr Baskerville - Lichfield, Staffordshire
"Very friendly & down to earth staff. I would recommend your company to anyone who asked me 100%. Thank you for a very satisfactory service."Angela Bailey - Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
"Since our silo was installed on the farm over a month ago, we have been more than pleased with its design & performance. We would also like to thank Mr Ian Wormleighton (Regional Account Manager) for his advice and good customer care. Thank you very much."Angus Lisk - Rhos Ghos, Anglessey
"Build Quality, Company Reputation and the helpfulness of Sales Staff, all excellent."Coombe Farming - Roundham, Somerset
"I wanted to take the time to let you know what an excellent job your driver did when delivering our new Collinson silo, he was very helpful, very professional and very pleasant, a credit to your company, a high quality service to complement a high quality silo."Shoby Poultry, Melton Mowbray
We have honed our process to ensure you have a simple, streamlined experience from enquiry to installation
Step 1 - Contact Collinson
If you require a new silo then give our friendly team a call. A quick chat helps us quickly establish your exact requirements and the best route for your enquiry. There's no sales waffle, just dedicated and knowledgeable advice from your dedicated Regional Account Manager
Step 2 - Arrange a site visit
Silos can be bought direct from Collinson or through our network of trusted feed firms and dealers. If you require a site visit, Regional account managers will visit your site to discuss your ideas and specify the best silo to suit your requirements
Step 3 - Our Proposal
Once we have identified the right silo for you, we will send a detailed quotation along with product literature for your consideration. Please bear in mind that all silos are built to order, your Regional Account Manager will give you an accurate lead time to aid planning
Step 4 - Orders
Once your order has been placed communication is key. Our logistics manager will send an acknowledgment detailing your order along with a product file which contains key information about the silo. If your order is through a third party we often supply the literature for their presentation to you
Step 5 - Build and Delivery
Whilst we build your silo, it's your responsibility to lay the concrete base to the guidelines in the silo product file. Our logistics manager will liaise with you, and the third party if required, to arrange a convenient delivery date for us to deliver and bolt down your silo ready for you to fill.
Step 6 - Post Completion
Once you are up and running and feeling the benefit of your new silo, you can have continued peace of mind that we are available 5 days a week for advice.
Step 7 - Spares and Repairs
Throughout the life of your silo should you require any additional parts or spares our parts department is open Monday to Friday, alternatively order through the eStore 24/7
After a long, long life Collinson Silos are 100% recyclable
All our Silos are manufactured from Galvanised steel, so after a long, long life, you have our assurance that your silo can be 100% recycled, helping to reduce landfill and save our environment.
We provide a range of optional extras to personalise a silo to suit your project needs
From assisting with silo filling, improving feed flow and providing alternative discharge options, Collinson have an optional extra to suit your every need. Here are just a few of the more common solutions which can be chosen to complement your new silo or ordered retrospectively from our eStore.
There are a range of standard discharge options to suit different applications. Over the years our range of discharge options has grown and developed so we are able to offer the best solution for every discharge requirement
Extension Filler Pipes
Extension filler pipes allow silos to be sited where vehicular access is restricted. When choosing the site for your silo extension filler pipes allow total flexibility; they are ideal where you simply wish to create a centralised filling point for ease of delivery or in the case of high health sites extension fillers may be utilised so filling of the silos can be undertaken from a perimeter point, removing the need for delivery vehicles to enter the site.
The SiloTip filling attachment can be incorporated into any County Range silo, increasing versatility with the option of filling the silo using your front end loader or tractor bucket Dependent upon the height and reach of your bucket the SiloTip attachment can be incorporated into any County Range Silo. Great news for existing Collinson customers, SiloTip is available for retrofitting into your existing County Silo
Safety Clean Plus
SafetyClean Plus is an extra discharge from the cone of the silo giving added flexibility to your feeding arrangements by allowing feed to be discharged from the cone of silo whilst also having a main conveyor discharge. All new silos now come with the FloView™safety clean panel as standard giving a reassuring visual check on the feed flow activity inside the silo. Upgrade to the FV-SafetyClean Plus to enable you to draw feed from the gravity discharge should you need to feed by hand in any emergencies. Good news for existing customers, both the FloView and the FloView plus safety clean panel can be retrofitted into existing Collinson Silos.
Cyclone Dust Collector
The Cyclone connects to the silo exhaust via the integrated bend which fits into the exhaust pipe to collects the dust that would normally escape during pneumatic filling, increasing your site bio-security by reducing the risk of diseased birds and vermin being attracted to your site.
- Prevents waste, saving you money; feed dust can be collected and re-used
- Improves onsite biosecurity measures, reducing TB and similar diseases
- Easy to empty - Because the Cyclone is positioned at height, it’s straightforward to empty. Just wheel a barrow underneath, pull the handle to operate the slide, this will release any collected dust for
- Space-saving design - the Cyclone stays “out of the way” by mounting on the silo leg. Plus, it utilises the silo's pressure relief valve instead of requiring it's own.
- Less evidence of badgers and birds onsite, improving biosecurity
- Dust collection in the silo ensures a cleaner working environment around the silo